05 Jan Ready, Set, GOAL! Feng Shui for Your New Year’s Goals
As we embark upon the start of 2016, many of us are in forward-looking state of mind. This is the time to set goals for the year ahead – and I encourage you to do so.
As you set your 2016 goals:
- Make them SMART – Specific (and simple), Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time-limited.
Write them down or share them with someone.
- Watch self-talk: “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t–you’re right.” –Henry Ford
- Remember that there isn’t “failure” – just more information. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” –Thomas Edison
- Push yourself. “If you hit the target every time, the target is too near or too big.” –Tom Hirshfield
Be open to adjusting your goals as the year goes on. It’s not to let yourself “off the hook,” but rather allow yourself to change course when it’s appropriate.
From a Feng Shui perspective you can support those goals by paying attention and seeing what’s happening in these areas:
- The related area of the bagua (if you know it). For example the career area of your home if you are looking for a new opportunity.
- The room or place that “holds” the energy around your goal. For example, the front door (where opportunities knock) for a new job or the kitchen for health.
- Your bedroom since this is place to focus on rest and rejuvenation to keep your chi up.
- Your sacred space. This could be a meditation area, your favorite place to sit or even a vision board (any size – even an index card!).
All of these will help you support your journey for the next year.
Whatever you decide to do: know that we are a community that supports you. As we all keep growing and moving forward, we bring out the best in ourselves, and that of others.