26 Feb Solidifying your vision using Feng Shui
The beginning of the year is a typical time for people to think about their vision for the year: what they want to do, changes they want to make, goals they want to accomplish, etc. Now that we’re into the new year (both Western and Chinese), this is a great time to solidify your vision for 2020.
If you have a plan but it doesn’t seem to be moving forward, if you haven’t planned and are starting to think you need one, or if you are changing your plans because the year is already in flux, then implementing some Feng Shui is going to be a good move to propel you forward.
Intention is key with Feng Shui, so these physical actions connect your intention with a visual reminder. Try doing one – or more – of these in your living and working spaces to help your vision gain some traction.
- Create a vision board. Yep, we’re talking scissors, paper, glue! Figure out what you want and put it on a poster board or even a small index card. The size doesn’t matter, but where you put it does: somewhere you can see it daily as a reminder. There’s power behind physically putting a visual together to put the intention out in the universe. It’s also packed with deliberate consideration (don’t just throw a photo on there) – backing your intention with some real strength.
- Wash your windows. In Feng Shui, windows are representative of the eyes, hence your vision. When you think about how windows allow you to see out (and others to see in), that makes a lot of sense. If they are clear, then your vision will also become clear.
- Clear off a horizontal surface. Having a clear surface might seem boring (what about eye candy?!), but it really opens you up to the possibilities. When a surface is cleared off, there’s so much potential. Besides being open to something new, it can also create a sense of calm (no clutter). Clear off an area for at least 9 days to see what happens. You can go a step further by clearing an area related to your vision:
- Wondering about a relationship? Clear off your nightstand.
- How about that job? Clear off your desk.
- Looking for what steps to take for health? Clear off your kitchen counter or dining table.
If you aren’t quite sure where to start, start anywhere! Pick any horizontal surface – a table, a bookshelf, a dresser. Any clear surface for 9 days will get the energy around vision working for you.
“The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high, and we miss it, but that it is too low, and we reach it.” -Michelangelo